If you would like to enquire further about Pitse Lodge, please be kind enough to contact the lodge managers.
Haydn and Christie Hopewell
Tel +27 14 755 4938
Cell +27 82 774 4639
Want to make a reservation? Just fill in the form here and we will get back to you!
How to get to Pitse Lodge
- From Johannesburg take the N1 North, past Pretoria, towards Polokwane (Pietersburg).
- Go through two tollgates and take the R33 Modimolle (Nylstroom) off the N1 at the Kranskop Toll Plaza.
- Go left and head west through Modimolle (Nylstroom) (About 11km), to Vaalwater on the R33 (About 60km).
- Do not turn off anywhere, go straight through Modimolle and Vaalwater. In Vaalwater the R33 turns off to the right to Ellisras. Please ignore this and continue straight on past the Total garage and Spar.
- About 7 km outside Vaalwater take the Bakkerspas dirt road, to your left (Kololo Lodge and Welgevonden South Gate signs) – This road is about 30km to the Welgevonden South Gate.
- Pass the Kololo Game Reserve / lodge gate – turn right to the Welgevonden South gate (About 200m). Travel up this little 2-track road, and you will arrive at the reserve’s South Gate Entrance.
The distance is approximately 280 km from Johannesburg and should take about 4 hours.